Friday, February 27, 2009

Girls on Film

Here is a good discussion on female characters in chick flicks. I've been thinking about this for a while, not just because of the obvious woman-bashing film that is He's Just Not That Into You. No, I think ever since I saw the train-wreck of a film that was My Super Ex-Girlfriend - possibly one of the WORST films I have ever seen. I almost felt violated.

No, seriously though. It was completely shite and I can't believe Uma actually signed up to it. What was she thinking?? It could have been called "How I hate women and can you believe that at some point I've probably gotten laid?". And I'd be all like, no, really - I can't. Because you repluse me.

1 comment:

Melissa Silverstein said...

We are in bad way with chick flicks nowadays. That's for sure. Just wanted to let you know there is hope out in the world. based on your blog I think you might be interested in my blog Women & Hollywood: www.womenandhollywood.com

Thanks for your work.

Melissa Silverstein